You can receive both email and SMS notifications about your account.
To receive email notifications about your account, do the following:
- Log in to your account.
- On the menu, click My Settings.
- On the My Settings page, find the Account Information section.
- Go to the Email Address page.
- In the Email field, enter email address you want to use.
- Click Save Changes.
- Once you have entered a new address, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- Your change will take effect only after you have responded to the confirmation message.
SMS (text) Notifications
SMS is possible with the catalog using a "back-end" activation method.
- Log in to the back-end account management site: https://cpalo.iii.com/patroninfo
- Go to the Modify Personal Information page.
- In the pop-up window, enter a mobile phone number if one is not already present, and select the opt-In checkbox for SMS.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- Following this, you will receive a verification text message from the notification system.
- Reply YES to this message to begin receiving alerts.
To track your borrowing or reading history.
- Log in to My Account.
- From the My Settings page, go to the Borrowing History page.
- Click the setting to turn it on.
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) allows you to access your library account.If you registered for a new library card before February 17, 2016 your default PIN is the the last 4 digits of your phone number.If you have forgotten your PIN, please complete a PIN reset.
Creating a temporary "online only" account is a great first step, but this doesn't let you use everything in our collection. Good news though—filling out this online form helps you get a full access card faster.
How to Upgrade
- Visit the Get a Library Card page for a step-by-step guide. This page explain what to bring and where to go.
- Please note that temporary accounts expire after 30 days if they are not upgraded.
Yes. Our web printing option works from home or while you're at the library using a laptop or other personal device.
Follow these easy steps to get started.
- Choose a library to pick up your print from the list below. This allows you to print to any public printer within that specific library
- After clicking the link, you will be taken to a page with instructions, pictured below. Follow the steps on that page to submit your document.
- After submitting your document, a Job Reference # will display
- Bring your Job Reference # and email address to any Print & Pay Station at the selected library to print.
For more ways to print, see our other printing FAQs.
Use the drop-down menu on our A-Z pages to view Apple or Kindle compatible apps too!
Use the drop-down menu on our A-Z pages to view Apple or Android compatible apps too!
Use the drop-down menu on our A-Z pages to view Kindle or Android compatible apps too!