Are you struggling with a new work, home or life situation, or just need something to help calm down after a long day? The Library is here to help with free resources to help de-stress, distract, and relax.
All online library resources are available 24/7 with your library card!
- Watch Movies & TV from Hoopla and Kanopy
- Read eBooks and listen to audiobooks from Overdrive, Hoopla, AXIS 360 and more
- Read Newspapers & Magazines from around the world, including the Washington Post, the New York Times, and many popular magazines
- Stream Music from Hoopla, Freegal, and RBDigital
- Sign up for our Spring Into Reading Program
Library staff recommendations:
Activities and Education:
- 4 Easy (and Fun!) Ways to Start Doodling
- How to Help Librarians and Archivists From Your Living Room
- Jigsaw Planet
- Journaling Tips to Help You Heal, Grow & Thrive
- TED Connects
Many musicians are livestreaming concerts and music from their homes on Instagram, YouTube, and/or Facebook. Check their platforms for upcoming FREE livestreams.
- A List Of Live Virtual Concerts To Watch During The Coronavirus Shutdown
- The Metropolitan Opera
- The United States Army Field Band
- Various Sports Leagues are offering free streaming of past seasons:
- Calm: Take a Deep Breath
- How to Build a Home Yoga Practice
- Inner Sounds Meditation (YouTube)
- Yoga with Adriene (YouTube)
How to Help:
In this time of global crisis, many of us want to help our communities. One way you can help local businesses is by purchasing online gift certificates now and using them when they re-open.
Places that can assist you in giving to charity or volunteering in your community:
- Binge Mode
- Do You Need A Ride?
- Levar Burton Reads
- Phoebe Reads A Mystery
- Staying In with Emily & Kumail
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- National Parks (Google Arts & Culture)
- National Zoo
- San Diego Zoo
- Stanford Museums from home
- Winchester House Online Tour
And if you need a little more support, here’s a list of hotlines that can help.