The Indian festival of lights, Diwali, is almost here! While the Library is unable to hold its annual event, we have plenty of ideas of how to celebrate safely at home.
Prepare Your House:
- Great Books on Cleaning and Getting Organized
- Places to Donate items you no longer need:
- Find lots of great Diwali crafts you can make at home on our Celebrating Cultures board on Pinterest.
- Learn how to make your own colored powder or salt to make Rangoli and find design inspiration here on our Rangoli Design Inspiration board on Pinterest.
Read and Learn @ Home:
- Take home some great books for the family on celebrating Diwali.
- Attend our Diwali Family Storytime on Tuesday, November 2 at 11 AM on Facebook!
And Don’t Forget:
- If you create anything at home please share your creations by tagging @PaloAltoLibrary on Instagram, opens a new window!
- Palo Alto Library wishes everyone a very safe and happy Diwali!
-Liz Stewart, Senior Youth Services Librarian, Mitchell Park Library | Follow @LiztheLibrarian, opens a new window on Bibliocommons