IRS-certified volunteers will provide free basic 2017 income tax return preparation to qualified individuals who earned $54,000 or less.
- February: 3, 10, 17 & 24
- March: 3 & 10
- April: 7 & 14
10 am – 3 pm
Mitchell Park Library
First come, first served.
Last files accepted no later than 2 p.m..
Items to bring with you:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number)
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
Questions? Contact us.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Palo Alto Library.