What is Northstar Online Learning
Northstar Online Learning (NSOL) offers self-directed online learning of basic computer skills and using technology in daily life. NSOL provides certificates of completion through testing to prove proficiency with skills:
- Essential computer skills: Basic computer, internet basics, using email, windows 10, MacOS
- Essential Software: Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Google Docs
- Technology in Daily Life: Social Media, Information Literacy, Supporting K-12 Distance Learning, Career search skills, your digital footprint
This resource is provided by the California State Library and the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Workforce Development & Support program. Palo Alto City Library has access currently and will be ending on Sep 30, 2022.
You can learn more about this unique access from Northstar.
How to Access
Start learning in three easy steps.
- Click here to get started.
- Enter your name and email to set up a Northstar account.
- Northstar will send you an email with directions to complete your account setup.
Here's a quick tutorial video on navigating the NSOL interface: