We all know that going back to school can be a time of both excitement and uncertainty. Now that schools are delivering instruction in the form of distance learning, we have provided some online educational resources to help children and their families make the most out of learning at home.
You may need your PACL card to access some of these resources, but remember--your PAUSD student ID is your library card! If you're not a PAUSD student and don't have a PACL library card, apply for one now!
- Brainfuse: An online homework and study tools for kids, teens and adults. Tutors are available every day from 1-10 PM PDT to provide:
- Biography in Context: Users can browse for people based on occupation, role, historical period, name, ethnicity, gender, keyword, etc. Reference content is provided alongside video, audio, primary sources, and magazine and journal articles.
- Britannica School: A digital encyclopedia at your fingertips. Start by selecting your learning level: elementary, middle, or high school.
- Infoplease Homework Help: Homework help in a variety of subjects including geography, history, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, as well as reference sources.
- Newsbank: A comprehensive collection of reliable news sources covering a wide array of topics and issues.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context: Explores opposing sides on issues and helps students develop critical thinking skills. This is a cross-curricular resource, covering science, social studies, current events, and language arts.
Resources for Teens
- Test Prep: These resources include college prep guides, AP equivalency test, GMAT and other college exams, as well as drivers test prep.
- NoveList K-8 Plus: Book recommendations for K-8 readers, including nonfiction, mood-based and Core Curriculum recommendations
- Mango Languages: Keep practicing your international languages learning skills using this popular resource! For ages 6 and up, Mango Languages provides interactive exercises and tools for learning over 70 languages, including English.
Visit our A-Z Resources page for a complete list of PACL’s online resources.
-Alicia Hulten, Youth Services Librarian, Mitchell Park Library | Follow @MissAlicia on Bibliocommons