Palo Alto City Library will provide two tax assistance sessions on March 2 and 23 by Tax-Aid! Mountain View Public Library and Santa Clara City Library will also be hosting free tax assistance sessions this year.
To supplement these sessions, use the following information to help you locate resources.
Tax Forms & Filing Information
The Palo Alto City Library does not provide tax forms. Please use the following links to find your forms:
- Download Federal tax forms
- Order Federal Tax forms
- Download California tax forms
- Order California forms
PLEASE NOTE: Library staff can help you locate information, but cannot provide assistance with filling out forms or help determine which forms are right for you.
FREE Online Assistance for Qualified Taxpayers
- IRS Free File
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE)
- AARP Tax Services
- Get Your Refund
- United Way Bay Area
You can search for locations on the following sites:
- IRS Tax Assistance Webpage using their VITA/TCE Locator Tool
- IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center using their Office Locator
- United Way Bay Area provides an interactive map of VITA sites
- AARP Foundation provides a variety of service types. Search their Site Locator
- Tax-Aid provides Curbside Tax Document Drop-off service as well as In-person preparation services. Check their website for updated details on locations.
Live telephone assistance: (800) 852-5711 (Open weekdays 8 AM to 5PM)
Automated help (800) 833-0505 (Available 24/7 for tasks such as request forms, refund status, payments and balance due)