You might be familiar with the popular digital magazine available through Flipster. But, did you know we also offer a second way to search for specific products within this magazine? Let's walk you through it!
Access Consumer Reports via EBSCO
Part 1 - Logging In
- Visit the eLibrary Page.
- Click on the A-Z Resources button.
- Find the letter “E” and within it, scroll down until you see EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS). This is where you'll be searching from.
- Click on the A-Z title and you'll be prompted to log in.
- Here, you'll need your library account number and PIN. Remember, your BiblioCommons username won't work. If you're unsure, your library account number is the 14-digit number on your library card. It usually begins with "21185".
Part 2 - Advanced Search
- Once logged in, you'll land on the EDS homepage. You should notice our library logo on the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on the option that says Advanced Search.
- Now, you'll see a place to type in what you're searching for. Maybe you're curious about "gas stoves" or even just "TVs". Type that in!
- To the right of where you typed, there's a drop-down menu. Make sure it says All Text.
- Below your initial search, there's another box. Here, type in Consumer Reports.
- Again, to the right of this box, there's another drop-down. Choose SO Journal Name from the list.
- Click the Search button, and you're on your way!
Bonus: How to Search the Annual Consumer Reports Buying Guide
- Follow the same steps as above.
- When you get to the second search box (where you typed "Consumer Reports" before), this time type Consumer Reports Buying Guide.
- Pro tip: Don't add the year of the guide in your advanced search. If you're looking for something from a specific year, there's a extra publication date advanced search option.