At the Palo Alto City Library, we understand that 21st Century literacy is digital literacy. And so we are very excited to announce the soft launch of a new digital lab for our community.
Located within the Ventura Technology Learning Center on the 2nd floor of the Mitchell Park Library, our new Reboot services will open to the public mid July, including:
- The return of our popular Vintage Media Lab
- Lab Tours and introductions to "The Dreamiverse"
- 1-on-1 help to get started with eBooks and other online resources
Longer term, we will add even more services including:
- A new game lab featuring 2 PlayStations and multiple VR systems
- A new recording studio for video streamers and podcasters
- The return of our award-winning Robo Dojo
- And many hands-on workshops around emerging technologies
The rebooted Ventura Technology Learning Center is the outcome of a multi-year endeavor funded by several grants including multiple Pacific Library Partnership grants and an Federal IMLS CARES grant.
We are also pleased to announce that we are partnering with the School of Information at San José State University to continue our trailblazing work in digital literacy, including funding for new technologies that will be incorporated into the lab, such as an upgrade to our beloved Dewey the robot.
Ready to onboard to the future? Sign up for a tour or check out one of our Reboot programs.