Community Room Rentals at Rinconada and Mitchell Park Libraries
In order to receive the non-profit rate of 50% off the resident fee, you must provide proof of your 501(c)3 non-profit status (letter or number). Charging an admission fee for entry to events is not permitted.
Room Usage Policies
- Reservations must be held during Library Business Hours, ending 15 minutes before closing.
- Library/City meetings are not reflected in booking calendar and may affect availability.
- We ask users to set-up and take down the room. All chairs and tables are stacked in the room/or in closet and photos are posted so that users know how to leave the room.
- The Library will not publicize the event. The Library’s contact information cannot be used as an official address for any organization using the community room. Any publicity made by the group for the meeting should include the following disclaimer: “This event is not sponsored or endorsed by the City of Palo Alto. The City is not responsible for information provided at or about events held in Library meeting rooms.
- No after hours use available; hours limited to Library facility hours, including setup/takedown of event
- Entry to room not permitted before start time of room booking. Reservations are inclusive of set-up and clean-up time needed.
- Library provides no help with publicizing or day-of event staffing; signs and postings only allowed in designated locations approved by Library staff
- If you would like to get support on how to use the technology, please schedule in advance with library staff. Staff may not be available day-of to assist with technology
- Insurance required based on Citywide policy
- Room booking is not final until confirmed by City of Palo Alto staff and deposit on room is paid
- No additional equipment allowed in rooms
- Cosponsored Events: The City of Palo Alto offers limited use of certain resources to organizations that apply for and meet the guidelines for co-sponsorship. If an organization believes their event could meet criteria, please ask CSD or Library representative for Policy and Application. Application will be sent to Library Administrative staff for review by the Library Director.
- See renter’s responsibility document for more detailed expectations of renter regarding room cleanliness and equipment usage.