The Palo Alto City Library has partnered with HP to repurpose used laptops and donate them to local community partners who work with underserved students and families. Your donation will provide access to technology that contributes to learning and professional success. Beginning April 26, you can donate your old or used laptop at Mitchell Park or Rinconada Library.
Currently, the Library is collecting:
- Windows/Chrome based laptops with microphone and camera
- Working battery and power cord
- 64-bit x86 processor or equivalent
- At least 2 GB of memory (RAM)
- USB port to upload new image and Secure Erase software
- Hard drive (4GB or larger)
- Make sure to bring power cables and other accessories
- No other devices or Apple products!
Please call our eLibrary staff at 650-838-2977 to make an appointment to drop off your donation at the following locations and times:
- Mitchell Park Library:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 10–11 AM
- Saturdays from 12–5 PM
- Rinconada Library:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3–4 PM
- Starting 5/22, Saturdays from 10 AM–12 PM
Your donation is tax-deductible, and a receipt is available upon request.