Women’s History Month is a time to recognize, honor and celebrate the achievements and contributions of women throughout history and contemporary society. Explore the many resources included below and learn about extraordinary women like Rosa Parks, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Mae Jemison, Clara Barton, and more!
There are many ways to celebrate this month! You can make crafts, fill in coloring pages or complete activity sheets. We can honor women’s history all year by reading books, listening to audiobooks, watching videos, and taking virtual museum visits. Happy Women’s History Month!
Ways to Celebrate
- Crafts & Activities
- Check out these free printable posters you can use to decorate your space
PACL @ Home
- Read about famous women throughout history with these picture books
- Search kids audiobook biographies on Hoopla Digital
- Visit the Celebrate Strong Women! section of Kanopy Kids
- Find biographies of women on PACL’s Britannica School database
- Take a look inside the National Women’s History Museum to learn more about things like women in fashion, women entrepreneurs, and more! Check out their Online Exhibits
- Go on a virtual field trip to the Discover Her Story section of the Smithsonian.
- Explore audio and video collections from the Library of Congress.
And Don’t Forget...
- If you make a craft or do an activity at home please share it with us on Instagram and tag @PaloAltoLibrary!
- Follow Us on all of our social media platforms for more information and inspiration!
Alicia Hulten, Youth Services Librarian, Mitchell Park Library | Follow @MissAlicia on Bibliocommons