Women’s History Month is a time to recognize, honor and celebrate the achievements and contributions of women throughout history and contemporary society. The theme for Women’s History Month in 2022 is: “Providing Healing, Promoting Hope” and is a tribute to the ongoing efforts of women caregivers and frontline workers during this pandemic, as well as the women throughout history who have provided healing and hope.
There are many ways to celebrate this month. You can make crafts, fill in coloring pages or complete activity sheets. We can honor women’s history all year by reading books, listening to audiobooks, watching videos, and taking virtual museum visits. Explore the many resources included below and learn about extraordinary women!
Ways to Celebrate
Crafts & Activities
- Find fun craft activities on our Women’s History Month crafts board on Pinterest
- Learn more about famous women with these printable worksheets and coloring pages
- Check out these free printable posters, opens a new window you can use to decorate your space
PACL @ Home
- Read about famous women throughout history with these picture books
- Search kids audiobook biographies on Hoopla Digital
- Find biographies of women on PACL’s Britannica School database
- Visit the Women's History Month page on Kanopy
- Take a look inside the National Women’s History Museum to learn more about things like women in fashion, women entrepreneurs, and more! Check out their Online Exhibits
- Go on a virtual field trip to the Discover Her Story section of the Smithsonian.
- Explore audio and video collections from the Library of Congress.
And Don’t Forget...
- If you make a craft or do an activity at home please share it with us on Instagram and tag @PaloAltoLibrary!
- Follow Us on all of our social media platforms for more information and inspiration!
Alicia Hulten, Youth Services Librarian, Mitchell Park Library | Follow @MissAlicia on Bibliocommons