The Library Welcomes Students for Finals in December!
When is Finals Week?
- PAUSD and other school districts surrounding Palo Alto have Review Days and Finals December 15-22.
- Patrons can expect to see many students, particularly middle and high school students, in all libraries throughout December.
Are There Special Finals Events?
- Finals Cram Slam: Late Night Hours! at Rinconada Library on December 16 & 17 from 6-9pm. Join us for therapy dogs, hot chocolate and tea, and a teen-only space to study with friends or solo. Please be sure to bring your student ID!
- PAYC is hosting a Finals Cram Slam at the Mitchell Park Community Center, December 12-14 from 5:30-9pm. There will be food, therapy dogs, tutors, and calming crafts.
Where can I study?
- Students are welcome at all five library branches for studying! Check our hours and locations.
- Rinconada's Embarcadero Room and Mitchell Park's Midtown Room will be open as additional study space for teens December 13-17.
- Allcove in Midtown has Study Lounge every Tuesday in December from 3:30–6PM.
Resources for teens
- Private group and single person study rooms in Mitchell Park, Rinconada, and Downtown Libraries can be booked a week in advance through LiquidSpace. These rooms are bookable for two hour slots. Booked all day? Ask at the desk if there are any last minute openings.
- Need to do some research? Check out eLibrary’s Online Resources for Students for databases that can help you get started.
- Need some help studying? Check out Brainfuse and Wave Tutoring for free virtual tutoring.
- Stressed out and need to relax? Check out our staff-curated Chill List for links to help you unwind with calming music, ambient background noise, guided meditation, easy yoga, and more.
Good luck on your finals! We’re all rooting for you!