Join us throughout June as we stand with our community to celebrate equality, love, acceptance, and all things Pride. Commemorating the anniversary of New York City’s Stonewall Riots, communities around the world now gather every June to demonstrate support of the LGBTQ+ community. Though we may be unable to step out in style to walk a parade route this year, Library staff have found plenty of ways to celebrate at home all month long.
San Francisco Pride, opens a new window theme for 2021 is “All in This Together” and while there won’t be a parade this year, they will be offering limited, in-person events while adhering to current safety protocols. Check out their website for Pride Movie Night at Oracle Park, opens a new window on June 11 and 12.
Join our librarians for Pride-themed stories, rhymes, and songs on Facebook Live!
- Saturday, June 5 @ 11 AM
- Tuesday, June 8 @ 11 AM
- Friday, June 18 @ 11 AM
- Thursday, June 24 @ 11 AM
- Wednesday, June 30 @ 11 AM
- Special Zoom Storytime: Virtual Baby Pride Parade on Tuesday, June 29 @ 3:30 PM
- Find all of our PACL storytimes and singalongs on YouTube!
Browse the eLibrary to find the perfect Pride read. If you’re not sure where to start, our librarians are here to help with book lists for all ages.
- Rainbow Reads for Kids
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive Middle-Grade Books
- Rainbow Reads for Teens
- Rainbow Reads: Graphic Novel Edition for Teens
- LGBTQ+ e-Reads for Adults
- LGBTQ+ Romance for Adults
Need help finding your next read? Try our Shelf Made, opens a new window book recommendation service to receive customized recommendations tailored to your interests and your mood.
eLibrary Resources (FREE with your Library Card):
- Check out eBook collections on Overdrive/Libby and Hoopla, featuring LGBTQ+ authors and stories.
- Explore LGBTQ+ documentaries & films on Kanopy.
- GLBT History Museum (San Francisco)
- National Museum of American History: LGBTQ History
- The LGBT Youth Space (San José)
- Outlet (Santa Clara)
- Silicon Valley Pride
- Santa Clara County Office of LGBTQ Affairs
Follow the Library on Instagram to find more Pride resources and celebrations!
-Alicia Hulten, Youth Services Librarian, Mitchell Park Library | Follow @MissAlicia on Bibliocommons