3D printers are available by reservation at the Rinconada Library.
How it works
- Patrons can reserve 2 hour slots via the 3D Printing calendar.
- Bring in a 3D file to print during your reservation time (see the starter files below).
- Arrive for your reservation with your file on USB or SD Card.
- Choose one of our limited, available colors.
- Staff will resize your file to comply with the 2 hour limit. See our 3D Printer Rules below.
- Staff will troubleshoot when necessary.
- You are invited to watch your object print.
- Your 3D print job will be removed from the printer and set aside for pickup.
New to 3D printing? We recommend starting with simple projects like these:
- Touring Bike Business Card. Time: 30 minutes.
- Sharkz- Multipurpose Clip. Time: 40 minutes.
- Cable Holder. Time: 30 minutes.
- Cute Octopus. Time: 2 hours.
- Voronoi Chess set. This needs to be scaled down 50%. Time: 1 hour.
Files can also be downloaded from 3D Object libraries, such as
You can also design your own with software like:
- Web-based TinkerCAD (available on library PC's in the Chrome web browser)
- SketchUp (free to download to your own computer).
- Or, use our Creative Tools Laptop which has more advanced software:
- Fusion 360
- MakerBot Desktop
3D Printer Rules
- Jobs should be scaled to print in under 2 hours
- Weapons of any kind will not be printed
- For more info, see our 3D Printing Policy.